Powered By Progressive Female Leadership
Our fearless leader and an all-around inspiration to the Twin Cities business community, Jennifer Smith is Innovative Solutions’ co-founder and CEO. Jennifer began Innovative in 2001 with a vision of making working professionals more productive. Since then, her entrepreneurial spirit has helped expand Innovative to touch on every area office life and become a single-source office solutions company—one of the fastest growing in the country.
Armed with a double major in business management and psychology, Jennifer quickly put herself on the executive management track working in roles that included VP of Operations and President at two local Minnesota office supply companies. She also helped found Medcare Products, where she served as President from 1998 before moving on to begin Innovative.
Jennifer’s progressive thinking extends beyond her own business. She is also a tireless participant in local business and community organizations. As a leader and a woman working in business, she is very active on the Board for the Committee of 200 and as a member of the Forum for the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
Married for 29 years, Jennifer remains active in her family and the community. With two children growing up fast, her involvement with their athletics has turned into a track record of coaching, fundraising and volunteering, and it’s only spread from there.
Innovative is now a strong supporter of a number of initiatives to raise funds and awareness for causes in Minnesota including outreach partnerships with the Minnesota Vikings, the Twins and, most recently through the InSports Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Jennifer’s son Max, which is focused on helping kids play sports while becoming confident and proactive members of their community.
The following are some of the recognitions that both Jennifer and Innovative have received:
- CBIZ Spotlight Article – Featuring Jennifer Smith, CEO
- OPI Magazine Top 100 Leader Influencers – Featuring Jennifer Smith, CEO
- Jennifer Smith, 2014 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
- Jennifer Smith, Girl Scouts River Valleys Woman of Distinction Awards
- Jennifer Smith, Exceptional Businesswoman Award, Dakota County Tribune
- Jennifer Smith, 2012, Featured in Forbes Magazine
- Jennifer Smith, 2009 Jackie Robinson “Most Valuable Diverse Business Partner” award by Minnesota Twins and Major League Baseball.
- 2010 WBE of the Year, Women’s Business Development Center of Minnesota
- Ranked for 6 years on the MN Business 100 Best Places to Work
- Ranked for 4 years in the 50 Fastest Growing Women Owned/Led Companies in North America, presented by the Womens Presidents Organization.
- Ranked for 8 years on the Inc 5000 fastest growing privately held companies in America.
- University of Minnesota, Supplier of the Year Award in 2011 and 2013
And Jennifer’s not the only stand-up go-getter at Innovative. We’re proud to have a whole community of individuals who give Innovative it’s progressive community spirit. For more on them, read about Our Team.