Don’t let the fear of getting sweaty keep you from staying active in your workplace! Innovative Office Solutions has a fantastic wellness committee that focuses on the health and well-being of their employees. The committee is continuously brainstorming creative ways to stay healthy in the office. It is extremely important to take care of yourself, and can often be forgotten during the busy workday. What does your company engage in to stay active and healthy in the workplace?
Here are some innovative ideas that may spark the interest of your company!
- Turn your conference room into a Yoga Studio
- Conference rooms aren’t just for meetings; utilize the space – move the tables and chairs to open the room for engaging activities.
- Every Monday, Innovative employees take 30 minutes out of their day to focus on themselves and get a nice stretch/muscle burn before heading back to their busy workday. Clear the mind = More productive workday
- Workout In The Park
- If you have an open area near your office, what better way to get fresh air while simultaneously working out with co-workers?
- During the warmer months, Innovative utilizes an open area across the street to stay active!
- Office Energizers
- When two 0’clock rolls around it’s about the time for a 3rd…4th….5th cup of coffee; why not replace it with 15 minutes of physical activity you can do…even in your business suit!
- Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, Innovative provides their employees with a trainer from Ultimate Wellness to lead a 15 minute office energizer. Exercises range from core focus, flexibility (ROM) and balance to strength and cardio.
- Company challenges
- Even if workouts may not be for everyone, come up with fun rewarding company challenges that can bring out the fun competitive edge in everyone.
- Innovative participated in a “Walk to Vegas Wellness Challenge” in which 81 employees teamed up and tracked their steps weekly. The goal – As a team, walk from Burnsville, MN to Las Vegas, NV in 12 weeks. Each team had to walk 15,039 miles for the privilege of partying #Vegasstyle. Amazingly, the company as a whole walked 36,667.882 miles! If you were wondering, that is all the way around the WORLD!
- A tracking board was developed to see the progress of each team. Employees encouraged one another, and benefited greatly!
“Just by walking and being more conscious of my daily steps, I lost 10 pounds!” – Innovative Employee
- Healthy Lunch Bunch
- Join in with co-workers and take turns bringing in fun healthy recipes to share.
The ideas don’t stop here! Continue to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to learn how Innovative Office Solutions can make your workplace more productive!