If you have been to the store recently, you know that most disinfecting products have been cleared from the shelves. During public health crises, bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes can be the first things to sell out. But don’t worry – making your own sanitizing products is remarkably easy! Follow the recipes below to make your own products using common household items to ensure you stay germ free.
What You’ll Need:
- 2/3 cup of Rubbing Alcohol (at least 90% alcohol for maximum effect)
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Drops of Essential Oil for Smell (Optional)
- Mixing Bowl
- Squirt Bottle (large or small depending on preference)
- In mixing bowl, combine alcohol, aloe vera gel, and essential oils
- Use funnel to transfer contents from mixing bowl to squirt bottle
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb coffee canister with plastic lid
- Paper towel roll
- Sharp knife
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol (at least 60% alcohol)
- 1 tsp liquid dish soap
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Cut paper towel roll in half using a sharp serrated knife.
- Put the cut paper roll into the empty coffee canister.
- In mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, dish soap, rubbing alcohol, essential oils, and water.
- Slowly pour the liquid over the paper towels. Once they’re saturated, carefully remove the cardboard center and pull a paper towel from the middle of the roll.
- Using the scissors, create a one half-inch hole in the plastic lid
- Feed the paper towel through the hole in the plastic lid and secure to the coffee canister.
- Now you have homemade wipes that are great at cleaning and disinfecting!
COVID-19 Resource Center
As the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become a global pandemic, we understand there is no shortage of questions. To aid our customers, we’ve put together a resource center that speaks to a number of common questions related to product availability, home delivery for remote workers, remote conferencing solutions, and more. CLICK HERE to visit our resource center as we keep it updated daily with the latest information surrounding our response.